System Analyst Resume
This is a free System Analyst Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired System Analyst Resume Job.
System Analyst Resume Job Description
- Liaising extensively with external or internal clients;
- Analyzing clients’ existing systems;
- Translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs;
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability;
- Creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems;
- Producing project feasibility reports;
- Presenting proposals to clients;
- Working closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
- Ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met;
- Drawing up a testing schedule for the complete system;
- Overseeing the implementation of a new system;
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline;
- Writing user manuals;
- Providing training to users of a new system;
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry sector developments.
Sample System Analyst Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Accounts Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for System Analyst Resume
To obtain an employment position which will provide the opportunity to apply skills, talents, and enthusiasm to a challenging career, and will also broaden my knowledge and experience as a potential System Analyst.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a System Analyst Resume can add his/her career achievements like,
- Monitor and manage DNS servers in 5 separate domains.
- Member of the company migration team responsible for migrating and consolidating two corporate NT Domains into a single Windows 2000 Active Directory Domain and one Store NT Domain into one Active Directory.
- Trained company personnel and clients on computer specific system, along with installing and troubleshooting all software issues.
- Handled Primary Network Administrator of 6 branch office Windows NT4 BDC´s on an NT4 network, consisting of 6 Windows NT4 PDC Servers located in California and 300 Windows 95, Windows 98 clients.
- Received numerous letters of recommendation, and appreciation from customers, and management.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced System Analyst Resume applying for a job would look like,
INFOPRO, Banglore, 2007-Present
- Created, test and assign government approved security templates to GPO´s using GPMC.
- Daily system checks and monitoring of McAfee Enterprise Anti Virus updates and distribution through the McAfee EPO console with 4 site repositories, Monthly MS Security patching using Patchworks Patchlink program to download and schedule distribution system reboots on all workstations and designated servers.
- Daily System Checks of all Tivoli Storage Manager (v5.5) AIX Server, attached disk arrays, tape library devices and server backup operations.
- Install , configure ESX 3.0 servers, migrate production servers using P2V converter
- Maintain, monitor and resolve all IBM AIX and Tivoli Storage Management systems.
- Disaster Recovery of 80 systems to a Sungard Facility in Pennsylvania
- Migrated one NT4.0 Domain to Active Directory
- Part of a large team that migrated our Lotus Notes servers to MS Exchange servers
CARMAX, Banglore, 2005-2006
- Responsible for the configuration and application support on multiple HP Proliant and IBM xSeries series servers, hardware installs, installation/setup of operating systems, creation of logical volumes, and configuration of networking components.
- One of five engineers responsible for the day-to-day operations of 2 Windows 2000 and 2 Windows NT Domains, made up of over 250 servers, 7,000 workstations and nearly 3,000 users, stretched across over a twenty states.
- Tasked with providing daily support, such as coordinating/performing hardware repairs, operating system maintenance, system patching, user administration, system checks, and technical support.
- Installed, configured and supported Carmax.com (IIS servers) and MS SQL clustered servers as needed for various projects. Installed carmax website code and ASP´s provided by our web developers.
SIEMENS BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS, Banglore, 2002-2004
- Windows Administrator 1st and 2nd level support
- Manage 5 local offices network connectivity.
- Support and install, Microsoft SMS servers used for applying patches and updates to proprietary telephony software applications and Microsoft updates.
- Network Administrator and client support of an NT4 and Windows 95 and 98 client networks consisting of 6 branch offices located in Virginia and North Carolina.
- Conducted expert trouble-shooting of both network and workstation related faults, resolving all problems in an expedient manner.
- Maintained outstanding customer relations through prompt and courteous responses to all user trouble-calls.
RESOURCE CONSULTANTS, Banglore, 2000-2001
- Part of a team of administrators responsible for the day to day support of multiple army agency server’s routers and switches located throughout the Bangalore.
- Developed automated backup and restoration procedures for multi-server LAN. These improvements dramatically improved the department of the Army’s ability to respond and recover to hardware and/or software disasters.
- Designed and maintained a training and testing LAN which consisted of 2 Microsoft Windows NT4 servers, 1 MS Mail server (before exchange), and 12 Windows NT4 workstations.
- User Administration and Server support of over 200 Novell 3.12 servers and 250 Windows NT4 PDC and BDC Servers, performed backups , restored data , upgraded and maintained all firmware and software updates as they became available from Novell and Microsoft
- Kept up to date on emerging technologies and solutions. Often made procurement recommendations to senior officers after researching pricing and feasibility.
- Tasked with delivering daily status reports to senior officers, including the preparation of technical presentations and supporting documentation.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a System Analyst Resume who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- B.E. (Computers)
Janki Devi Engineering College Banglore, 1999
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a System Analyst could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a System Analyst Resume would look like,
- Coordinated ARC team racing activities, scheduled reservations for boats and equipment. Orchestrated, directed and facilitated team activities for two years.
- Member of RADA, Resource Allocation and Decision Analysis team.
- Awarded SAE, System Analyst Excellence consecutively for 3 yrs, 2004 to 2006.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a System Analyst could also look like,
Salary Range of a System Analyst
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 21000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 2.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $9500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked System Analyst Interview Question
- Have you made programming modifications to in-house developed client/server based applications written in VB6, COM+ and SQL Server? If so, please provide me with an example?
- Tell me a time when you have written new programs as assigned in VB.Net and/or ASP.Net. What project did you write for? What was the size of the document?
- What is your experience with diagnostic testing? Tell me a time when you isolated and diagnosed application problems, including root cause analysis for incident elimination?
- Describe a project in which you provided first line support services to clients to define business requirements in one or more SAP functional areas:
- General Ledger, Profit Center Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Internal Orders and Product and Costing Modules.
- Tell me a project in which you worked with the Lead in the development, installation and maintenance of specific SAP functionality and processes across the enterprise?
- Describe a project in which you participated in all phases of the