Financial Analyst Resume
This is a free Financial Analyst Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Financial Analyst Job.
Financial Analyst Job Description
- Financial analysts, examine financial information in order to make sound suggestions to businesses on how to invest money.
- Financial analysts often use statistical software and spreadsheets to analyze the facts they gather.
- Financial analysts then make reports to their employers on the results of their research.
- They work in banks, corporations, stock brokerages, insurance companies, and government agencies.
- Some analysts study worldwide and national money matters. Others advise corporations on ways to invest their pension funds.
- Many financial analysts specialize in determining the value of securities, such as stocks and bonds.
- Financial analysts who work for stock brokerages pass their research findings on to the securities brokers.
- Analysts help brokers and their customers look for good investments and determine when a stock or bond should be bought or sold.
- Many analysts specialize in researching and evaluating the securities of companies in one industry.
Sample Financial Analyst Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Business Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Financial Analyst
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Financial Analyst can add his/her career achievements like,
- Planned and managed a $15M telecommunications project within the Network Engineering Project Management Methodology, creating the infrastructure to support DSL demand and rapid ramp-up objectives.
- Achieved capital equipment savings of $700K+ by recommending the reallocation of company-owned equipment not being utilized.
- Conducted thorough business and site analysis to identify customers´ existing and future needs, designing technology infrastructures to link the Central Office (CO) to the customer’s site.
- Initiated projects based on customer orders, identification of system deficiencies, and planning for capital expenditures and growth.
- Dramatically streamlined operations and inventory, implementing a central parts repository to reduce required on-hand stock levels; virtually eliminated the need for overtime through strategic resource allocation.
- Oversaw a multi-state volunteer sales drive, resulting in $140K in revenue, 175% above target.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Financial Analyst applying for a job would look like,
Sr. Financial Analyst
Paradigm Technologies, Mumbai, 2006-Present
- Responsible for providing financial planning, budgeting and program management support to the Navy Theater Wide Division, (PMS 452) Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
- These responsibilities included performing analysis and reconciliation of budget trends, obligations, and expenditures utilizing the FMIS/PRISMS and Standard Accounting and Reporting System (STARS) databases
- Managed and researched commitment /obligation information to ensure the reporting of timely and accurate financial data
- Managed and developed spreadsheets and presentations for budget justification; managed, created and executed funding documents sent to various Naval Field Activities and Defense Contractors
- The daily use of the Financial Management Information System and the Standard Accounting and Reporting Systems to execute and track funding.
TWD, Mumbai, 2004-2005
- Responsible for providing financial planning, budgeting, and program management support to the AEGIS Program Financial Management and Operations Branch (PMS 400E).
- These responsibilities included the analysis of contractual fiscal sheets for OPN, O&MN, RDT&E, FMS, and SCN appropriations, incorporating results into FMIS. Successfully researched and resolved conflicts encountered in processing financial data
- The management, preparation and maintenance of Naval Funding Documents, Fiscal Sheets and Financial Planning Data.
- Other responsibilities were the training, directing and assisting Navy personnel and all support contractors in the application of the Financial Management Information System (FMIS/PRISMS)
- Created ad hoc reports, as well as monetary and estimate expenditure data for budget submittals associated with specific statements of work
- Composed and supervised budget reallocation notice amendment reports to government personnel to prevent interrupted program execution.
- Managed, prepared, maintained and coordinated formulation and execution of Naval Technical Instructions (TI) and SEATASKS for government contractors and the Indian Navy.
Indian Fish & Wildlife Service, Mumbai, 200-2003
- Acted as Purchasing Agent for the entire Bureau
- Interfaced with Regional Indian Fish and Wildlife Services Offices and the Budget Division to maintain and review all pre-solicitations and modifications of government contracts.
- Cataloging and amending procurement assistance agreements and incorporated data into the Interior Procurement Data System (IPDS)
- Developed and maintained Contracting Officers Warrant System (COWS) for Bureau Purchasing Agents and Contract Specialists.
- Worked closely with Business Utilization Development Specialists (BUDS) to prepare and review data system SF-129 documents and contractor negotiation contracts.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Financial Analyst who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
M.B.A., Finance, Minor: Marketing – 2001
Symbiosis University, Pune, Maharashtra
Govt College Pune, Pune, Maharashtra
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Financial Analyst could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Financial Analyst would look like,
- Director of Youth and Member of the Central Executive,2001 to 2001
- President, International Students, Saint John University ,2000 to 2001
- Student Representative, VP for Student Development’s Board,1998 to 2000
- Volunteer for the Blood Donation Camp for the Gujarat Flood Victims.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Financial Analyst could also look like,
Salary Range of a Financial Analyst
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 25000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 3 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $6800 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Financial Analyst Interview Question
- What sort of positions have staff that have entered your organization progressed to?
- What are the company’s growth plans for the company?
- In what areas do you expect the business to grow the most?
- How do you rate against your competitors?
- In relation to your recent merger with Company X, what are some of the effects being felt and how will it change the organization?
- In relation to your recent acquisition of Company Y, how will it impact the business?
- How would you describe the culture of your company?
- What orientation or induction programs are available?
- What is the company’s approach towards external training and development?
- What type of internal social/sporting activities are organized?
- What will be the next step?