Data Analyst Resume
This is a free Data Analyst Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Data Analyst Job.
Data Analyst Job Description
- Discuss information or business intelligence needs with internal staff and/or external clients.
- Collect and collate appropriate data for use in databases and conduct related research.
- Generate reports using IT / database systems and assist in their analysis.
- In marketing support roles, prepare and make presentations.
- Monitor and maintain the quality of database systems and secure access and use.
- Assist in development and upgrading of database systems and analytical techniques.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Numerical ability knowledge of database systems is usually required.
Sample Data Analyst Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Data Analyst
To secure an analysis position in the area of IT Project/Process/Data Management. To be a part of an organization that is innovative and continuously strives for improvement in projects and processes. One in which I could use my current skills and experience, as well as expand them to assist the organization in being successful.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Data Analyst can add his/her career achievements like,
- Nominated for the Best Outgoing Student of the Year at Masters.
- Conducted training programs and mentored team-members for an observed increase in performance.
- Expertise in documentation and training using Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, pattern detection and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interaction with cross-functional teams.
- Great customer interfacing skills and customer orientation.
- Self-motivated, result-oriented and desire for constant learning.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Data Analyst applying for a job would look like,
Team Leader – 2005 to Present
Datamatics Technologies Ltd, Mumbai, India
- Operations Management
- Handling Production Issues and Releases
- Maintaining Data-Backup and Recovery
- Conducting In-house training for data processing in the team and KA (knowledge associates) about data capture
- Team Building
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams in different locations for quality data and analysis
- Creating production and analysis report
- Documentation for various data processes
Quality Assurance Engineer – 2003 To 2004
Wipro Technologies Ltd, Mumbai
- Testing various software used for data processing
- Involved in System Testing for the modules
- Creating Bug Reports and providing alternate design specs
- Making Test Coverage and Test Cycle Strategy
- Writing and Executing Test Plans
- Making comparative reports on actual and expected results
- Creating Test Reports
Sr. CSA and Trainer – Nov. 2000 – Apr. 2002
Cedar Enterprise Solution Private Ltd, Mumbai, India
- Handled Customer/Account and other transaction modules for testing.
- Created Bug Reports
- Maintained Test Coverage and Test Cycle Strategy documents
- executed Test Plans
- Made Comparative reports on actual and expected results
- Created Test Status Reports
- Involved in Black Box Testing
- Involved in the Analysis, Design and Development phases.
- Designed all the Master and Master – detail templates
- Handled responsibilities including Requirement analysis, Client interaction, Specs allotment
Education and Certification:
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Data Analyst who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- Masters of Science, Computer Management (MCM)
Pune University, Pune, India
- Bachelor of Science, Math
Mumbai University, Mumbai, India
- TECHNICAL SKILLS
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, SQL, FoxPro
GUI/Tools: Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Crystal Reports
Platforms: Windows NT/2000/XP, MS DOS, Unix
IT Concepts: Data Structures, Programming logic and techniques, Concepts of Business Applications, DBMS and Software Engineering
Programming Languages: C, C++, VB, Java
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Data Analyst could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Data Analyst would look like,
- Developed extensive intranet web page (method of delivery); placed critical time-sensitive information (effective information management) at fingertips of mission planners and operations officers.
- Created a streamlined metrics program; linked files to calculate performance, product totals, and verification rates –saved over 100 man-hours per month, identified trends for improvement
- Rewarded for the exceptional contribution towards the manpower utilization and SU.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Data Analyst could also look like,
Wipro Technologies Ltd
Salary Range of a Data Analyst
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 27000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 3 Lakhs to 3.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $4800 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Data Analyst Interview Question
- Define Fact tables and dimension tables.
- Explain the ETL process in Data warehousing.
- What is Data mining?
- What are indexes?
- Explain the types of indexes?
- Explain the types of relationships in database.
- Does data selection influence prediction?
- How do I know which type of interpolator to use?