Cost Analyst Resume
This is a free Cost Analyst Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Cost Analyst Job.
Cost Analyst Job Description
- Prepares or reviews complex cost reports and cost allocation plan.
- Reviews financial documents prepared by others for accuracy, form, and content; interprets and resolves audit findings.
- Reviews reimbursement estimates of departments and recommends revisions as appropriate.
- Conducts rate analysis to determine appropriate reimbursement levels and sets rates accordingly.
- Reviews or prepares intergovernmental claims for reimbursement, fee proposals, and indirect cost rate proposals for departments (ICRP’S).
- Measures cost per unit of service to determine whether fees are being set at appropriate levels.
- Consults with and advises department management and accounting personnel on a wide variety of intergovernmental and fee reimbursable cost accounting matters.
- Advises internal fiscal units on cost accounting procedures and practices.
- Extracts and manipulates data from databases to establish cost accounting data; writes simple databases; designs and may develop more complex databases. Evaluates work process, organizational systems, policies, procedures, and computer technology in order to establish cost accounting data.
- Analyzes system design alternatives for development of new cost accounting systems and improvements to existing systems.
- Monitors revenues and expenditures to determine whether reported levels meet anticipated levels.
- Reviews or prepares the annual County wide cost allocation plan.
Sample Cost Analyst Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or Career Objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Cost Analyst
To obtain a position in the Business Finance/Accounting area as a Cost Estimator/ Planner/Analyst that will utilize my expertise in cost management (i.e., estimating/planning/accounting) and will allow for advancement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Cost Analyst can add his/her career achievements like,
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills by effectively managing daily transfers of funds well in excess of $20 million.
- Earned a reputation as a valuable, effective and highly skilled professional by advancing and facilitating the resolution of billing disputes, maintaining accurate statements, and negotiating financial settlements.
- Redesigned and improved existing account aging procedures, decreasing aging time from 60 to 45 days and reducing the loss of payment discount.
- Achieved exceptional level of performance by exceeding financial goals with an average monthly discrepancy reduction of 18.6% during 2006 (goals ranging from 3%-10%).
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Cost Analyst applying for a job would look like,
CDW Corporation, Chandigarh, 2006-Present
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and experience in facilitating productive working relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders.
- Displayed strong ability to assess organizational needs, develop appropriate solutions, and implement efficient procedures in order to increase productivity and reduce cost, while simultaneously providing support and training to team members within the department.
- Acted as an escalation point and provided technical assistance and conflict management expertise.
- Assigned to manage and administer the finances of CDW´s largest, multi-billion dollar, Fortune 500 account due to exceptional performance during 2006. Achieved additional success during 2007 by skillfully negotiating settlements and initiating new processes.
- Achieved the highest reduction in outstanding discrepancies by exceeding the stated goal by $90,000 during the first quarter of 2008.
- Demonstrated leadership talent by sharing insights, independent research, and knowledge with colleagues in need of assistance with calculations, methodology, spreadsheet automation and more.
- Developed and implemented time-saving data analysis techniques by employing various MS Excel functions and Peoplesoft reporting tools.
Lake City Bank & Trust, Udaipur, 2003-2005
- Managed daily financial activities with a high degree of accuracy by posting entries and making daily general ledger adjustments.
- Excelled at organizing, coordinating, and managing various general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for preparing accurate and detailed statements, conducting thorough research, and assisting management in process development and implementation. Responsible for auditing cash vaults in various locations to ensure compliance and transparency.
- Displayed exceptional analytical and organizational skills by effectively resolving discrepancies and managing database of financial records.
- Enhanced and streamlined lockbox procedures, decreasing lockbox processing times by approximately 40%
- Assisted in the development of comprehensive document inventory system by converting manual database into computerized, searchable system.
- Excelled within a fast-paced environment continually taking on increased level of responsibility.
Sam’s Club, Udaipur, 2000-2002
- Responsible for the sale and installation of replacement tires.
- Successfully assisted customers in merchandise selection, while providing superior customer service and work quality.
- Demonstrating attention to detail, flexibility, and innovation in resolving problems. Displayed effective communications skills by exceptionally handling customer inquiries and complaints with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy.
- Demonstrated talent for quickly learning new skills.
- Consistently completed assignments on schedule while maintaining high quality of service.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Cost Analyst who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
IFA, Institute of Finance and Accounts, Bombay, 2000
DOON University, Dheradun
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Cost Analyst could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Cost Analyst would look like,
- Leader Award by CDW Corporation in 2006
- Member of IAC, Indian Association of Commerce.
- Member of Neat and Clean City Movement, Bombay.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Cost Analyst could also look like,
Salary Range of a Cost Analyst
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 27000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 3 Lakhs to 3.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $5500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Cost Analyst Interview Question
- Describe what is Net Cash Accrual? What is the effect of this on Working Capital?
- What matters are to be communicated to stockholders regarding the reforms in Government Accounting?
- Differeciate between Cost Accounting and Management Accounting.
- Which failure and unexpected problem do you remember in your resposibilties? What about the reason for this? How did you react?
- What is the difference between the periodic and perpetual method, how will you record it your book?
- What is meaning of Stale Cheque?
- What are the major areas of differences in financial accounting and reporting practices observed around the world? In what areas are there substantial similarities
- What is meant by MIS-Monthly? What is meant by Form 16A?
- What are the documents require for the payment? What are the expenses are made in inventory stock?